Banchan or panchan are side dishes side in the Korean culinary tradition. A wide assortment of banchan served on small plates to be eaten by some people. One of the most common type of banchan is kimchi.
Banchan served in small portions in order to spend a meal. The more formal the dinner, the more diverse banchan also presented. Compared to other areas, type banchan presented in more varied Jeolla Province.
A variety of banchan:
Kimchi is the various types of fermented vegetables. Among the most popular type of kimchi is cabbage kimchi (kimchi baechu).
* Nabak kimchi (나박김치): Chinese cabbage and radish kimchi is more watery.
* Dongchimi (동치미): kimchi vegetables without chili. Nabak dongchimi called mul kimchi and kimchi (물김치) or “water kimchi.”
* Geotjeori (겉절이): Chinese cabbage kimchi is still new and has not been fermented.
* Ggakdugi (깍두기): radish kimchi from the cut as cubes and seasoned pepper.
* Sobak Oi-i (오이 소박 이): kimchi from cucumber with chili and scallions.
Namul (나물): pan-fried or marinated vegetables with seasonings such as sesame oil, salt, vinegar, garlic, green onion, chili powder, or soy sauce.
* Kongnamul (콩나물): bean sprouts in sesame oil.
* Sigeumchi-namul (시금치 나물): Spinacia in sesame oil, garlic, and soy sauce.
* Miyeok-muchim (미역 무침): miyeok (or wakame seaweed) with vinegar, sugar, and salt.
* Mu-saengchae/Mu-chae (무생채 / 무채): pickled radish is sliced into small pieces and given vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
* Gosari-namul (고사리 나물): fern shoots stir-fry.
Jorim is the name for food that is cooked with the sauce.
* Dubu-jorim (두부 조림): know a sauce pan with a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and scallions.
* Jang-jorim (장조림): beef (beef liver) that is cooked with soy sauce and chicken eggs (quail eggs) boiled.
Jeon is the name for a variety of foods fried in the pan. One of the most famous type jeon is buchimgae (flour batter and deep-fried vegetables such thin pancake). In Japan, buchimgae called chijimi (チヂミ) derived the name of this food in the Gyeongsang dialect (jijimi).
* Pajeon (파전): green onion pancake content, and can be made without wheat flour (only chicken eggs and green onion).
* Kimchijeon (김치전): pancakes with sour kimchi that already.
* Gamjajeon (감자전): potato pancakes.
* Saengseon jeon (생선전): pieces of fried fish wrapped in beaten eggs.
* Donggeurang ttaeng (동그랑땡): meatball mixture know, meat, and vegetables.